At Bad Backs we take seriously our on-going responsibility, both individually and collectively, to conduct business in a way that actively assists in preserving our environment.
As a business involved in manufacturing, importing, wholesaling, etailing and retailing, we promote a strong environmental ethic as part of our corporate culture by encouraging, empowering and assisting employees, manufacturers, suppliers and customers to engage in activities and programmes to reduce our eco footprint.
Our on-going efforts include:
- Limit travel where possible
- Utilise electronic media for communication
- When flying is necessary, purchase carbon offsets.
- Endeavouring to work with logistics and transport companies (including air, sea, rail and road) that are committed to ongoing sustainable environmental management:
Initiatives to include:
- Leading edge vehicle emission standards
- Investment in fuel efficiency and alternative fuel technologies
- Supply chain efficiency
Office, Warehouse and Retail Practices
We are focused on being a paperless business, however where necessary we purchase recycled paper. All packaging and pallets, for despatch of Bad Backs online and in-store products, utilizes suppliers actively engaged in degradable / recyclable plastics, wood and paper products. Where possible, we recycle all office supplies including paper, toners and cartridges. All other redundant office & warehouse supplies are sent to respective local council waste management depots.
We seek to minimise energy consumption. This includes: Minimising waste, reduce our consumption of resources and improving efficiency of their use (turning off power and equipment when not in use).
Support local suppliers where possible.
Back and Joint Pain Product Suppliers
Imported & locally manufactured goods
Every year we see continued improvement in eco friendly manufacturing processes, product made from degradable and recycled materials, sustainable fabrics, higher percentage of recyclable components, international GREEN GUARD Certification and Australian GECA approvals. And we will continue to engage with them to develop improved environmental sustainable practices.
For our customers who are replacing products such as bedding and furniture, we’ll endeavour to link them to recycling resources Australia wide.
Our environmental responsibility is an on-going journey and we’ll continue to look at new ways of improvement.
We all have a responsibility to avoid landfill and dispose of office furniture and equipment appropriately. Often the difficult part is the time and effort to do it. Organisations often have the best of intensions, but they just don’t know where to start.
If you’re looking to replace office furniture, let Bad Backs help you with some great new products, and resources on how to dispose of the old ones. We found an online resource that can sort out the types of furniture and equipment, then recycle it.
It’s a quick and easy process that ticks all the boxes.
Here are some simple tips on what to do;
- Log on to http://businessrecycling.com.au
- Fill in the materials you wish to dispose of, your suburb and state, and then search for a service.
- A variety of drop off, or pick up options will appear. Choose the one that best suits you and say goodbye old furniture and hello to an ergonomically comfortable workforce.